Sunday, January 30, 2011

This is one way to ruin a good ride.

So this morning I went out and bought a new pair of cleats. Put them on my shoes, got the bike ready. I was feeling ambitious. Went out to the main rode and headed north. first 22 miles was a constant rise, a total of 2000 feet, I just plugged away. At the turn around point I got some water and ate a cereal bar.

I figured the ride home would be easy. It was but I encountered a stiff head wind that would slow me down even going down hill.

Then with about 10 miles to go I must have come to stop light and when it was time to get going again I got out of the saddle to pedal and was hit by a sharp pain in my toes. Those ten miles were torture. By the end I was whimpering at every little bit of pressure on the pedals.

But I did break my personal distance record(modest as it is) by putting in 44 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment